Strida News Strida Forum About Strida Strida Reviews Where to Buy Photos & Videos Other Folding Bikes

Make wheels further apart when folded (redux)

Advice from experienced owners on maintenance and repairs, riding skills and anything else.

Moderators: newcross, Amuro Lee, Binch Shin, Blackstridaaustria

Re: Make wheels further apart when folded (redux)

Postby VladP on Sun May 17, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi everyone,

first of all, thanks fwd-bwd for the excellent instructions about the procedure and materials needed when installing wider tyres.
I want to inform you herewith about the fact that I installed on my Strida MAS, which came with Kendo Kwest 32-305 tyres (not 40-305, which seem to be the standard for 16" Stridas today) a pair of Schwalbe Marathon 47-305.
The surprise for me was that it folds and holds with the new tyres without problems - so, no adaptation was needed. I admit that, when folded, the tyres are not parallel, but it was the same with the original tyres.
Here is a pic as per today, with Schwalbe Marathon 47-305:

And here, just for fun, the comparison between the old 32-305 and new 47-305 tyre

Cheers,
Vlad
VladP

Postby Blackstridaaustria on Mon May 18, 2020 11:34 am

Hi VladP,

welcome at Stridaforum! :D

Regarding your thanks to fwd-bwd you should know that he was also registered at another bikeforum - and there he was seen the last time 2014.
So I'm afraid he may not receive your message.
However, at other forums you would be now in danger being crucified for "exhuming a thread" :lol:
...but at least I think that it is very nice to reply to old threads too, it shows that our forerunners won't be forgotten!

Thanks,

Chris
Blackstridaaustria

Postby VladP on Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 am

Oh, sorry if I revitalised something considered closed - I just wanted to inform about my experience, because I know how long it took me to be prepared for this change, which showed at the end to have been not necessary.
Anyway, I hope that I did not disturb too much and that my information will be useful, someday, somewhere in this world.
Cheers,
Vlad
VladP

Postby Blackstridaaustria on Tue May 19, 2020 10:28 am

Absolutely no reason for apologizes, at least I do appreciate.

Btw - we have here ancient software...would not know how to close a thread...

:lol:

Have a safe ride,

Chris
Blackstridaaustria

Previous

Return to Tips and Techs