AFG-C-65T - 65 teeth - ā€œa tree with three branchesā€

AFG-C-60T - 60 teeth - ā€œa tree with just two branchesā€

Correct? :laughing:

To BSA,

Exactly! :wink:

All right, thank you !

youā€™re welcome :wink:

Hi,

i know this is kind of an old ā€œstoryā€ but what about the freewheel, is that FW-Trial or FW-BMW from your site?

Thank you

Hi joeadrian,

unfortunately left Victoria Five Big a while ago, but Iā€™m still in contact with this company.
You need just one of the freewheels - and in Europe, I guess?

I need a chainwheel with 65T, crank 175mm, axle SQ (of course for Strida) in black color.

smtbike.com.tw/en/products/? ā€¦ il&aid=141

and 2 freewheels (a 16T and a 18T). I measured today the freewheel inner circle and it seems that it is a standard 34.92mm freewheel and its width is 20mm

I already send them an e-mailā€¦ but i don;t know how to get JUST these pieces in Europe for me, and it is not really clear which freewheel did they use (in the pictures above)

(do you have a larger order from them time to time, do you have a shop in Austria?)

Thank you

I seeā€¦

Well, usually they donā€™t really like to sell single units, but theyā€™re making exceptions, too.
Letā€™s wait a few days for a reply - maybe itā€™s possible directly.

Not large, but orders sometimes - and I donā€™t have a shop, still private.
(I do have support of local and international dealers, but thereā€™s no commercial interest from my side.)

Please let me know what you find out :smiley:
(Guess weā€™ll meet them at the Eurobike/Friedrichshafen, donā€™t you want to attend us? :mrgreen: )

really thank you for your help Blackstridaaustria

I hope I will one of their exception (for 3 pieces) if not, i will ask them if they have a dealer in Korea because I have a friend thereā€¦ and if they don;t have :slight_smile: than I will ask you if you can help me.

I have a new job (and a new style of bicycling = Strida) and for sure I can come in August to the EXPO :frowning:((((((

I have a cousin not to far from that cityā€¦ maybe through his eyes I will be thereā€¦

Hej, no reason for thanks, so far I did nothing :smiley:

I donā€™t know anything about the contacts of Five Big, but Korea seems goodā€¦at least itā€™s much closer to them. OK, if that doesnā€™t work please tell me - then Iā€™ll try to import a few to Europe on my own risk - donā€™t worry, youā€™ll get it, itā€™s just a matter of time I believe :laughing:

I think to understand; too short in the new jobā€¦anyway it is much more important than the fair - wish you have much success :wink:

ā€¦ and for sure I canā€™T come in Augustā€¦
sorry for that

and Iā€™m really really want that 65T chainring

So, with the help of FB-Strida, Blackstridaaustria and P***** from Five Big I successfully get and made the change on my Strida 5 with 18 inch wheels. I bought the 60 teeth and 65 teeth chainring and also the 16 and 18 teeth freewheel just in case Iā€™m to naive that I can handle the 65-16 ratio (4.06).

Regarding the ratio, it is a huge upgrade from 3.3 (belt) to 4.06 and in straight line you will really feel that :slight_smile:, in my case it comes with an idiot smile on my face.

Yes, I know, with this ratio you need more power (and time) to start from a red light, or climb a hill or anytime you have to stop/start, but in my daily 18km to work and back there are more straight lines than red lights/hills.

I tried also the 65-18 and it is easier when you stop/start again, but in my case the winner is definitely the 65-16 teeth.

If you donā€™t need higher speed you just want to get rid of the belt, the 60-18 teeth version is the exact ratio as with the belt.

There also some disadvantages like you have to be careful with the amount of oil you put on chain because if you put to much it will arrive directly on the rear brake disk.

Will I ever go back to belt? ONLY If this upgrade, in time, will be to messy, yes.

It looks great, congrats !

And welcome to the (very selective) club of chain-enabled Strida owners !! :wink: :wink:

Iā€™m a little lateā€¦

I wanted to upgrade my Strida SX to chain.

Is Five Big still active? How much does a 65t chainring & 16t freewheel cost?

I managed to track down the chainring- not sure if its the sameā€¦aliexpress.com/item/Chain-W ā€¦ .75.MTCLSm

Do I need to by crank arms too? Can anyone recommend any?

Thanks~

Never too lateā€¦

You meant to downgrade?
:laughing: - sorry, plz ignore this.

Regarding Five Big:
I think yes but their main target was never to produce Strida specialties.
No idea, never ordered a chain kit.
But of course Iā€™ll try to reach them - this may take a few days.

Regarding crank (arms):
In theory, you could use any crank - as long as itā€™s suitable for a square taper axle.
But many really big chainwheels (>60 teeth) were produced to fit 5 arm spiders with 130 BCD while, for example Strida cranks, have 4 arms and a (chainwheel) bolt circle diameter of 104 mm.

Be also prepared to adjust the chain line; most likely you need washers for the chainwheel bolts.

@Vandetta, yes thatā€™s the chainwheel, i ordered the full kit from them. The link you sent is 100% identical with what i bought, and the price was also something like that, and yes you need a crank for it. It is not necessary to buy from them. One of the major problems after upgrade is that you will not be able to use the kickstand because of the crank from 5bigā€¦ :frowning:

Hi Adrian,
thatā€™s very interesting, what exactly is the problem with the kickstand?
Just today Iā€™ve got a pic from David (FiveBig) showing a chain-Strida - including kickstand.
:question:

Edit:
Regarding pic - it is the same Strida shown at the beginning of this thread:

Cheers,

Chris

I canā€™t show you :slight_smile: with a picture because Iā€™m 2000 km from my Strida :frowning: BUT i will try to explain.

The shape of the original belt Strida crank is a little bit ā€œroundedā€ to go for exterior from the chainwheel, while the crank from fivebig is more strait.

Now, yes, you can set the crank not to hit the kickstand but then the chain (in my case) was way to loose and hit the frameā€¦ so i can not use the kickstandā€¦ I tried different type of chains (two) but not the chain is the problem, the problem is that the kickstand will follow the hub setting, and with that hub you set the chain :frowning: how tight or loose should beā€¦ soā€¦

Thank you very much!
I believe to understand without pictures; the mentioned kickstand-excenter problematic applies also to the Evo as we know meanwhile.
Hmm, do you think a halflink chain could help?
I mean the main issue is the adjusting of the chain length.

Huarrrrgh - and it WOULD be so easy!!
Ming just had to refurbish an already existing proprietary part for the kickstand :imp:

@Vandetta

If youā€™re still interested in a 65 t chainwheel please contact me.