rear hinge reinforcement - heavy duty

Dear MRoe - I have to say thanks :smiley:

Never it will be my target to convince - but if you are able to comprehend and agree I’m very happy :exclamation:

That can’t be a problem.
Sadly I couldn’t find any matching standard part to be used as the recessed washer, so I was forced to make this myself.
Also I do not own a store, so I can’t offer the kit (or parts of it) officially.
But what could hinder you or me to arrange that in private?

Regarding that I’m confused that you didn’t react to my private message…

However - it is time now to explain why you should not use exactly that recessed washer:

You are using the original cup spring as it is, right?
(They have an original unloaded height of ~ 3,0 mm).

Please note here that my cup springs were modified (edge broken and polished) and their height is a little bit different (2,8 mm).
Naturally is the difference considered for my corresponding washers - respectively their recessment; it is 0,2 mm less deep.

So I’d recommend in your special case to

• either replace recessed washer AND cup spring with my parts (because they match together)
  • or I’d manufacture (with the next bunch) a few slightly adjusted recessed washers (with the full recessment of 1,5 mm, matching to your configuration with an original cup spring).

By using a turning lathe are the recessed washers very fast and easy to make.
The finishing process (burnishing), done by a local professional, takes much longer, usually about one week.