Strida News Strida Forum About Strida Strida Reviews Where to Buy Photos & Videos Other Folding Bikes

My Strida LT

The place to report and discuss your experiences of owning and riding the Strida. Perhaps your first impressions, or your story of a big trip.

Moderators: newcross, Amuro Lee, Binch Shin, Blackstridaaustria

Re: My Strida LT

Postby Geo on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi,
Thanks for trying to reproduce the problem, but you just couldn't. You're just not as dumb as I am, lucky man!
I realized on the way back that sometimes, after folding the bike, I push it backwards, I mean with the handlebars facing towards me. In that case the pedals rotate.
If I push it the other way round, they don't.
Now I wish I never posted that stupid remark, but hey, you never know, it could be useful for some other Strida owner with an IQ as low as mine ;)
Geo

Postby Blackstridaaustria on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:06 am

MarSal wrote:...this means I can't utilize the parking mode with the string at end of handlebar...

Suggestion:
It is not that complicated to replace the original loops by adjustable ones! :D
Blackstridaaustria

Postby Geo on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:17 am

Hi, scorching Strida users !

Lately I grabbed a Strida kickstand for a handful of coins, from a second hand webshop. It is marked "Strida", it is meant to be mounted the same way as the current version but it is slightly different. I guess it's from an older generation. Anyway, it was supposed to fit all Strida versions, but I discovered it doesn't. Only the angle is adjustable, not the length, so it's too short for my 18" wheels version.

I cut a piece of rubber which I screwed at the bottom - It's functional, but fairly ugly :) so I'll order myself a new one.
It can easily be undone, so if one of you guys needs a kickstand for a 16" Strida, you can have it for the price of shipping.

[Offer also posted on a French forum]
Geo

Previous

Return to Riders Reports