My New Strida Mini

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to Blackstridaaustria I think I have managed to post some photos of my amazing Strida Mini.

I hope this works. Notice the new clip to attach the bottom tube to the front tube when folded.
Also I’m not sure if my wheels are closing properly (notice the space) but this is not causing any major problems.
I attached some LED lights that I had from my old bike as it was dark when I left for work this morning and when i rode home (in the snow!!).

Rapunzel.

The space between the wheels is normal. It depends on the tires. Some people use fat tires (like Schwalbe Big Apple) and even modified the magnetic holder to increase the space.

I think the clip is something special for the Mini. It seems to fold slightly different.

Have Fun
Tom

Hi,

Thanks for the reasurance about the wheel space and the comment about the clip for my Mini.

I am desperate to do some more bonding with my Mini but it snowed this morning and it is too slippery for me to take her out (sorry yes, I have decided my Strida Mini is a girl). Can’t wait for the white stuff to melt so we can go out again.

One more question someone may be able to help me with. I’ve had to move the seat to the lower position and this has enabled me to perform unwanted wheelies. Has anyone else experienced this and without growing a few more inches is there anything someone can suggest to stop this happening?

Thanks,

Rapunzel.

Hi Rapunzel,

did you notice the saddle itself is a few cm’s adjustable by opening the saddle bolt and pushing (strongly) the rails of the saddle forwards? As seen on the first pic of your “snow-white princess” the space between saddle and saddle tube seems to be much bigger than here:

http://www.strida.hk/product_mini.html

Just like you, I had in the beginning also big trouble with the size of my body - I am nearby 1,9 m.
In my case the problem was the steering, knocking my knees against the handlebar ends (or my thumbs sometimes) was not really funny.
So the small handlebars were changed promptly to the bended steering/bend steer kit:

http://vanmoof.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=112_114&products_id=147

Besides more broadness, the bended steering relocates the gravity point of the body forwards, adding more pressure to the front wheel, and I am sure this effect works regardless of the Stridanaut’s size!
Maybe this part helps you out?
The attached picture shows the dimensions:

Please note: caused by the viewing angle and the position of the short steering tubes (laying below/behind the reversed Strida with mounted bend steering), the distance A (centre of tube) looks longer than it actually is - around 5 cm.

W. w. r.