Strida Mk 1 part needed

Hi all,

I’m new to the forum and have just signed up in the hope someone on here can help.
I’ve just taken my Mk 1 to Velorution in London asking them to repair my rear brake as it’s not as effective as it used to be.

They’ve said the rear drum brake (pad) lining is shot and needs replacing; with these parts not being manufactured any more I am on here to ask: does anyone have one of these parts they would be prepared to part company with?

I don’t want to part company with my bike; any offers of help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Nadim

Hello Nadim,

welcome at Stridaforum :smiley:

Perhaps you took meanwhile the time to use the forum search; using the keyword “MK1” you will be able to find many posts with the same question…and partially they’re very old…

Unfortunately you visited already the last officially known source for ancient parts - that was Velorution (according to Mark Sanders he gave his last spare parts to them a while ago).
Therefore it is, even for really intrigued Strida fans, at the moment totally impossible to source certain parts for Strida 1 versions. Some parts for the Strida 3 versions can still be found, just, for example the brake assembly, of Strida 3 and 1 are NOT identical.

There MAY be a chance in future; I was told by Mr. Sanders personally (at the Eurobike Germany last August) that he is creating new 3D files of all the old parts right now. That means that sometimes all the ancient parts (including metal parts) might be available again; printed on demand in 3D by companies like:
shapeways.com/
I hope for everybody’s understanding that this task may take some time :neutral_face:

Store her dry and replace her with a new one (perhaps some day she will be on the road again)…

Best regards,

Chris