Strida News Strida Forum About Strida Strida Reviews Where to Buy Photos & Videos Other Folding Bikes

Presentation

Any kind of Strida related conversations.

Moderators: newcross, Amuro Lee, Binch Shin, Blackstridaaustria

Re: Presentation

Postby Blackstridaaustria on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Yes, the M (M for moustache) bars should be available in silver with black or brown grips.
There is also a copper version existent with brown grips.

Btw - in Germany it's called "Tourenlenker", too.

Most Strida parts which are made of aluminium can be black (or any color) anodized:

Black anodized Strida parts

...as always - take note of the "but"...

But in case of the bars they must be disassembled completely for anodizing; that means all the brass things at the inner ends (parts 215-14-1, 215-14-2) - and that again is a bit tricky :wink:
Blackstridaaustria

Re: Presentation

Postby Neon on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Bill Wilby wrote:Regarding the different choices of Strida handlebars I posted this a few years ago, it may help show the differences. If one is able when changing handlebars consider changing the brake cables so that you do not need to use the cable extensions, I have do this a few times for custom Strida builds and it looks much better. https://stridacanada.ca/strida-m-type-h ... ar-review/

Cheers, Bill

Really nice blogpost. ♡

You write: "The M style handlebar kit also includes the Strida leather hand grips, these match the leather saddle for looks."

Let's agree to diagree. The color of the brown leather grips is totally different from the color of the brown leather saddle. It's only after I've treated both with a good amount of old sun protection lotion^^ that they match better.

Luckily I like it when things aren't too perfect. :-)
Neon

Previous

Return to General Strida Chat