Poll: Carbon Strida gearing

Totally agree with DoctorStrida.

No gears - no sale.

If it came out 1kg heavier but like a C2 EVO - Carbon 3 speed - I will buy it without hesitation - in Singapore the C1 is selling at SGD$4995 (approx. US$3700)

Fenders I can live without - I can understand the weight saving or cool look (looks more cool without fenders) and at THAT price tag I ain’t riding it in the rain ^^

In Singapore I can cycle on both footpaths, cycling shared tracks and road. In Australia (Sydney) - my other home legally I am obliged to ONLY cycle on the road with all other cars and “road bikes” and the place I ride in Sydney is full of hills. From a personal safety perspective and also “not to be a road nuisance” - I need gears for SAFETY.

I can’t see it happening as I don’t think there are many sales of the Strida C1. This is my personal perspective from Singapore - where I only seen 2 Strida C1 sell in the bike shop I frequent a lot - in the whole of 2017. There MUST be an ROI to make it worthwhile production.

If I am proven wrong and a Carbon 2 EVO comes out then WOOT I will buy!

Lastly - at this price point - one can buy 2 high quality e-scooters or around 15 cheap e-scooters - in Singapore.