My Strida EVO

I agree - no service manual other than the few pages telling you NOT to open it. I have a feeling this KS3 drive is something they expect us to cycle and use till it no longer works - then send for a major overhaul meaning your EVO Bike will be out of action for … weeks on end or months!

Well I done 10,000kms - and it’s going strong so maybe it’s NOT something we need to worry about as something else will break eventually anyway (??). No one seems to know how long a KS3 drive is supposed to last… maybe Ming Cycles DO KNOW but for lack of communications - they not shared it and we “over thinking this”??

In regards to Lubes - for a major service the Strida dealer is supposed to inject fresh lube. But I honestly don’t think the LBS Strida dealer is aware!! (or knows). I will ask next time as all 4 services were basic services. I’ll ask for a complete strip and overhaul of the bike - which will mean a re-grease / lube of every single component. The User Manual does not specify what lube to use OR how to do it. (otherwise I do it myself!)

Anyone on this forum - knows?

FYI - I now have 2 x spare KS3 drives. I just bought ANOTHER for US$200 - could not help myself. :smiley: So I a happy to experiment a bit if I know HOW to inject the lube into it —>. I was looking at this – would the KS3 use this??? chainreactioncycles.com/sg/e … -prod33670

Be interesting next year as by then I can hit something more respectable and I can share again how things are.

Lastly - thankyou for all the other suggestions and information! :smiley:

EDIT - 10th June.

So I am browsing and saw these 2 articles on servicing the Shimano 3 speed hub.

Link #1 - web.archive.org/web/20130926205 … %20Oil.pdf. — wouldn’t it be cool if we can just take the KS3 out and drip it in oil and plug it back?

Link #2 - web.archive.org/web/20130925000 … 0ohaul.pdf — Full Manual.

If only this was the Strida EVO KS3 instructions I be so pleased…