My EVO on it's way to Helsinki

Hi Chris,

Thanks for welcoming me and your comments. I’d like to add some more info how I have been done some research based on online photos. Well, I should have been more circumstantial in my writing: when I wrote one fixed saddle position I was thinking the lower mounting for us short people (me 166cm).

Before that comparison with local city bicycle I did similar with two product photos with exact pixel size, angling of crank arms, only one had different saddle position. Based on known wheelbase I could do pixel measurements giving following result:

But this was not enough for me so I had to have a “bottom-on” comparison and thus seated on a city bicycle with my tape measure. Funny, the field measurement saddle-pedal happened to be the same 82 cm as on my sandwich comparison above. Am I the ideal small size rider of Strida? I will report it later after arrival of my EVO… (right now in hands of DPD)

You wrote welcoming words how I could test Strida in Vienna. I’d love to visit you if only I could afford it at the moment. Thinking back my MTB years with different stems and handlebars I was curious to know how much difference those different alternative Strida handlebars would give. Based on rather poor product photos I scaled them by the mounting pins to get following composite image. If only somebody would do this properly… (dreaming)…

I am used to steer my kick scooter with it’s 40cm wide handlebar and am curious to experience the feel of steering EVO. Thinking of the weight distribution I could consider that handlebar meant for large riders.

I had 10 days long visit in Vienna in 2016 was instantly impressed by those blue bicycle lanes and the smooth ride I experienced on my kick scooter.

Thanks for the link to Twitter. Back in 1991 I was riding on such Omafiets while staying in Eindhoven.