Strida News Strida Forum About Strida Strida Reviews Where to Buy Photos & Videos Other Folding Bikes

More comfy saddle

Advice from experienced owners on maintenance and repairs, riding skills and anything else.

Moderators: newcross, Amuro Lee, Binch Shin, Blackstridaaustria

Re: More comfy saddle

Postby Blackstridaaustria on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:46 am

Hope you saw this post, too:

Brooks Cambium C17/C17s on a Strida?
Blackstridaaustria

Postby tnprime on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:03 pm

AH search is my friend. I would try it if it wasnt so expensive, maybe a bike shop will try and fit one for me.
tnprime

Postby neko on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:53 am

This topic is old, but maybe someone will use this info.
I've just installed "Brooks Cambium C19 Carved All Weather" on my Evo 18. if this saddle would be 1 mm lower (mounting point to front rack) it would not be possible to install it. There is a little less "room" to adjust than on "stock" saddle (saddle moves to front and rear but in a very small range), but there was no issues during installation (I did not see C17, but on the pictures it looks "lower" than C19, so I think that it will be difficult to install it on strida).
Be aware that the front of the saddle is directed upwards (similar to stock or Gyes 08), which makes this saddle "feels" differently than on "regular" bike.
Another thing is that because of strida construction ("shape"), there is less space underneath the saddle and this saddle must have room to bend. This is because plastic mounting on strida is higher than on regular bike (I mean extra plastic over the fastening screw). Maybe someone who weight more than me will suffer. I have only a few millimeters air to plastic when I ride on it.

I made on it just about ~50km in total (each time ~45 minutes non stop in the saddle, 5 days a week), so I can not tell much about it, but my first impressions are rather positive... boy, this saddle is really hard but I have no issues with my sitbones (I am skinny, weight 65 kg).

Before this I try "stock" saddle, "strida sprung saddle" (which is Gyes 08) and Selle Royal Optica Moderate. All of them was "not for me" (my sitbones or other parts of my body hurts differently on each of them) but there was no issues with installation on strida as well

Here are some photos
ImageImageImage
neko

Postby Victarion on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:56 am

Just my 2 cents about the issue with saddle that don't fit on strida due to proximity of the plastic molding.

There is this solution :
https://rinsten.com

I bought one few months ago but I am just testing it now as weather is now a bit better in this part of Europe.
It works fine for me. I have found that it increases the range of adjustment and at the same time provide some extra cautionning.
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
Victarion

Postby remPH on Tue May 21, 2019 8:04 am

I just got a hold of this and installed it to my Strida this morning. There are several positions that you can set based on your liking. I am still in the process of fine tuning the set up as my initial test ride is a bit to "springy" for me. One thing I note is that you need not level your saddle to the ground. Because when you sit on your saddle, it will compress so you have to compensate for that when setting the spring/device.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JR5CP1MEj8ZjKWwk8

Victarion wrote:Just my 2 cents about the issue with saddle that don't fit on strida due to proximity of the plastic molding.

There is this solution :
https://rinsten.com

I bought one few months ago but I am just testing it now as weather is now a bit better in this part of Europe.
It works fine for me. I have found that it increases the range of adjustment and at the same time provide some extra cautionning.
remPH

Postby Gregr on Tue May 28, 2019 7:59 am

Hello

Is this the Rinsten Spring?
Gregr

Postby Blackstridaaustria on Tue May 28, 2019 8:11 am

Yes Gregory, the links above are correct.
Blackstridaaustria

Postby Gregr on Tue May 28, 2019 8:54 am

Ok.
I am asking because I have bought a Rinsten too (on April) , but it was with another scaling at the top - 0-9 instead of 0-11.
Gregr

Postby Blackstridaaustria on Tue May 28, 2019 2:34 pm

That is indeed odd.
I have two of these springs here in Vienna, both also with the scale 0 - 9.
Just they are older than yours and Victarion's.
Blackstridaaustria

Postby Johna on Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:03 pm

It's because it is not the Rinsten model, but a cheaper chinese knock-off by "Now Bike"
(or various sub-brand). Just look for "bike saddle spring" on amazon to find it.
I ordered this one to try it out on my LT.

Gregr wrote:Ok.
I am asking because I have bought a Rinsten too (on April) , but it was with another scaling at the top - 0-9 instead of 0-11.
Johna

Postby Blackstridaaustria on Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:13 am

Rinsten Team wrote: There are 7 key differences that distinguish the genuine Rinsten Spring from a counterfeit one:
1. In the counterfeit products, the distance between the rails on the upper and lower tiers of the U-shaped loop is identical. In the original Rinsten Spring, the upper tier is slightly narrower. This ensures maximum shock absorption and prevents the rails from rubbing the rider’s thighs.
2. The tilt angle in the fake products is 15 degrees, while in the original Rinsten Spring it’s 7 degrees. In our Kickstarter campaign, we have deliberately presented the spring with a 15-degree angle, so that in case the counterfeit products appear, they are off-target and easy to identify. An overzealous saddle tilt can cause discomfort and make it difficult to find a correct riding position.
3. Rinsten Spring comes with the threaded Safety Caps that prevent the saddle from sliding off the rails in case the central bolt comes loose. The fake products have simple silicone ball ends that can easily come off, so if the bolt unwinds, the saddle and the cyclist are likely to fall off the bike.
4. Fakes are produced from lower quality steel.
5. Counterfeit springs do not have a galvanized layer under the paint, which contributes to faster corrosion.
6. Rinsten Spring comes with a 5-year warranty, while counterfeiters don't offer a warranty when their products malfunction.
7. If the customer decides to return the original Rinsten Spring within 60 days of receiving it, we will issue a full refund. Counterfeit products have no money back guarantee.

8)
STV@gmx.org
StridaTuningVienna

"Who knows nothing, must believe all." *

[* line from "Aphorismen"; Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach, Austrian poet, 1893]
[* book title; Werner Gruber, Austrian physicist, 2010]
Blackstridaaustria

Previous

Return to Tips and Techs