The first few weeks with my Strida Evo

Yes, also a big thanks from here - and agree fully with Bill.
Usually I re-cut the threads, it’s a common metric M5 - but I’d recommend that for skilled mechanics only, too high is the risk to damage the frame for a laymen.

Btw - it is intended that the clamps overtake the whole weight (force), but not the seat pin.
You are able to check a possible downward slipping of the seat molding visually from the outside by watching the red lever’s position closely (and periodically).
The upper and the lower edge of the red release lever have to be both exactly in 90°angle related to the seat tube. Once the lever starts tilting (and the angles change, for example to 92" at the upper and 88° at the lower edge) - your clamps were too loose!
That can happen more at the beginning I believe, no need to worry.
But it is high on time to loosen the clamps first, then relocate molding and lever - and finally tighten the clamps (just a little bit more than before :wink: )

The problem is that there are just two right now; the very first in Taiwan and the second here…
You’re highly welcome of course and you could ride the whole day if you want - just there are (according to the IP info, pardon me :laughing: )
still about 1000 km between us…are you able/willing to jump over for a weekend or so?
According to my recent info (to be exact from yesterday :laughing: ) from efneo there will be soon a third test drive sent out - within weeks…then consider testing stage…new calculations…guess that may take some more months in sum.
Honestly I’d appreciate to have more test riders; I’m just the mechanic