My Strida LT

We’re slightly off topics, but since you ask :wink:
I made riding the thing sound worse than it is. You wouldn’t drive it like a young timer. Its max speed is 80 and I rarely get to reach that speed anyway.
As for levers, etc… once you’ve ridden it for a while it’s not that complicated. Our ancestors only had one brain, 4 limbs and 10 fingers, just like most of us do :slight_smile:
I came to that gradually, I first learnt on post war 2 stroke bikes such as this one :

Finding parts is getting increasingly difficult, especially pre—war, so it’s better to find a complete one that needs work instead of a partly restored one with missing bits (oil pumps for instance…)
Having said that, my 1930 Hst was the most popular model in a time when Terrot was the biggest manufacturer in Europe, so there are still many on the road.
Also, it’s all metal so almost every part can be rebuilt or recharged or fixed. It’s just a question of budget, hence the advantage of finding a complete one to start with.
And, as there’s a small market for those, some maintenance parts are rebuilt and sold new. Just not at you local dealer of course :wink:
Actually, unless you miss some key parts, I’d say it’s almost always possible to restore or maintain.
Unlike some Japanese bikes of the 70’s with very specific electronic or plastic parts which cannot be rebuilt.
You just need the right contacts for advise and know how. In that area of expertise too, discussion boards are so useful