My Strida LT

Hello all,

I received the new 18" wheels and mudgards from Markku very quickly, many thanks to him for making it so easy.
Ironically, since we’re living through a period of drought, heavy rain started to fall on the day I received the wheels so I wasn’t very motivated to do the work immediately.
Just did the swap now, very easily thanks to all the documents supplied by Chris.
I couldn’t find the right hook key, so I improvised and used an oil filter key and a piece of rubber instead - it proved just fine.

I’m thankful to Chris for warning me about not overtightening the wheel’s final screw. I’m pretty sure I would have done so without his advice.

The only problem I faced was some ugly tsh tsh tsh sound coming from the front wheel when first turning it manually, after adjusting the brakes. What happened is that the head of top screw holding the mudgard came incredibly close to the tyre. There is no possible adjustment, since the spacer under the screw determines how deep inside you can screw it… so I cut all the rubber hair that were coming in contact with the screw’s head and now it’s OK. At some points the tyre almost touches it, but it doesn’t soi guess it’s fine. No more annoying sound. But that makes me think any thicker tyre would cause a problem.

Anyway, now the loctite is drying but I can’t wait to test ride the bike… hoping my bottom will not disagree with my choice of going for larger wheels but thinner tyres!

I’ll let you know, have a nice weekend