Excited Newbie Strida Mini Owner

Hi
I ride a red Strida 5 most of the year but usually stop around November and then get back on the road in Feb. The only reason i do this is my initial journey from home is a five mile trip down a dual carriage way (yes i know im mad!!) and i have the 18" wheels with slick tyres, which leaves you with not much grip.

I ride it to the nearest tube station and am on the central and district lines before i get near to work where i ride the other 3/4 mile & then my bike sits in my office.

I know what you mean about not seeing any other Stridas, i work in central london and i have only seen one other strida, hope you enjoy riding your bike, alot of people are still intrigued about the design, many times i have actually opened my bike on the tube to show people who are amazed.

You will, however, get a minority (majority in Cars!!!) that will try and mock you for having a “clown” bike, ive got used to it on the dual carriage way, i just laugh when i overtake them in the traffic.

One word of warning though, the old saying “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” bare this in mind. My Strida was fine until i decided maybe the bike needs a service, even though nothing was wrong.

Problem is you are stuck for people who service the bikes, if you have an extended warranty, your fine, in my case the bike was bought second hand, nothing wrong with it, in fact it was pristine and came with the canvas bag.

It was fine until i took it to one of only two dealers in central london, i have named the on this site before, so i do not need to do it again.

My bike has never been the smae since, and has become very unreliable of late, this is a shame because i really love the design and the riding position of the bike. Im not trying to put you off or anything, i wish more people had Stridas, i just wish there was more choice of where you could take your bike to if you had any problems.

Good luck and safe riding fellow UK Strida rider!!!

nindyz