Strida Evo rider report - London, UK

I got my Strida Evo a few days ago, Australian version black with neon yellow down tube, as a late xmas present to self to scrape in on bikes for 2012, moratorium on n+1 new bikes for 2013 is one of my new year’s resolutions =P

Like OP’s report, my first test up hills of local street a few times I didn’t notice difference through 1,2,3 but wasn’t looking for it, just a feel for the ratios and speed. I definitely don’t regret paying the weight penalty for the gears.

Here it is in a badly stitched panoramic photo of my ‘little wheel crowd’

Like most first ride impressions coming from regular bikes, short wheelbase twitchy steering, I feel the desire for some short bull horn bar ends for some finer control, being used to much wider bars on other bkes. I really like the sequential gears, sister rigid “lefty” to my hooligan, “righty” rear, use of bearings instead of bushes, really everything about it (honeymoon phase).

Ours already comes with 1.35in Kojaks on it, bonus for the month was a bike bag included, no immediate need for me but I’m sure I’ll find a use for it in the future.