Strida Evo rider report - London, UK

I have just purchased an Evo whilst in Sydney (Oz). 18" wheels made this little beastie fly, but as these are not readily obtainable in NZ, have swapped out the wheels for the resin/aluminium ones.
I have now done a couple of return trips to work. My commute is about 8km, so not very long. The justification for the strida for me was the upright riding position, which I find more comfy than my Speciailized Expedition semi-cruiser(which has just appeared on trade me as a result). I would not have considered the Strida but for purchasing a 3.3 earlier this year, and loving it. The Evo is quite an evolution. When I place them side-by-side, the extra gusset reinforcing the steering head is the first obvious difference, then the beefed up seating mount, and of course the freewheel/gears. The Evo seems a little sudden in the braking after the drums, but I am getting to prefer it over the drums now, after only a few days. I have the bent bars, which is a real improvement for my legroom. So far, quite intoxicated with this brushed aluminium machine!