SX Check in

@ Thamar-I’m in upstate NY. About an 8 hour drive from NYC. I’ve driven there and I don’t think I have the nerve to ride a bike there. Bike couriers there are not to be trifled with! I watched a guy on a bike argue with a UPS truck!

All that said, one of the fascinating things about lurking here for over a year is learning about bikes in general and laws in different countries. Where I live, it is weird to see a bike WITH a headlight! I have street lights on my route, but around October some sections are a bit darker than I would like. Plus, we have tons of potholes to dodge. It was quite a revelation for me to see that in some places you can be fined for not having a light! Here, I get to run Stop signs in front of the Police, ride the wrong way up one way streets, etc… I always figured it was that way everywhere. Unfortunately, bikes aren’t taken quite as seriously here as they are abroad. Which is a shame, we need fewer cars and more bikes on the roads.

@ Black- Thanks for the welcome! This sight has been a treasure trove of info! I’ve held of posting because with a bit of digging, I’ve been able to find out whatever I wanted. So a big thanks to you and everyone else who posts here! I don’t always have a lot to say, but I’m always looking!

Bill’s site has been on my radar for a while. I’ll definitely be tapping him for some goodies before the year is out.