Strida LT 2010 ???

OK, maybe i was a bit excited yesterday, what i meant to say was

PLEASE COULD I PURCHASE A “MAG” wheel for my Strida 5

Thank you in advance…anyone???

OK silly question, have you tried contacting Strida Europe (now called Vanmoof, I believe). The guys in the office there in Amsterdam are always very helpful, if not always prompt in replying.

I tried contacting savedbybikes.com yesterday and they said they don’t have those in stock but he’ll call me back if he can ever get his hands on one. This is the Canadian distributor here and I think the us one “areaware” wants to sell you the entire bike with it which seems silly. I’ll try to contact this vanmoof company and see what they say.

$600.00 isn’t exactly cheap:

areaware.com/proddetail.asp?prod … D=79&clk=1

I emailed Ming and seems like they don’t sell them also.

here’s their answer

Thank you for your interest in Strida. About Strida LT, we don’t offer LT wheels separately.

May I ask you that where you live now? Then I can pass on to our local distributor to offer you the further information.

Dang seems like they want you to by the LT if you are liking those wheels which seems totally unreasonable if you already have a original 5.x. before I start riding for the season in a month i’m going to loosen all my spokes in the rear wheel and tighten them all to same. I’ll try to tie a wire to the pole barely touching the rim so I can try true the thing also while i’m at it.

Let’s be patient. LT is a brand new product and at this point Ming can’t even supply enough LTs to the dealers. It is very unlikely that they could manufacture enough of these wheels to sell individually anytime soon. Perhaps in a year?

Folks, most wheels are not very well built, and are in fact, waaay undertensioned. As the wheel rolls etc, this undertensioning leads to the spoke flexing and breaking at the spoke head (i.e. neat the center of the wheel)?

The fix? Tighten the spokes. If you have a good bike shop, they can do that for you. If you don’t, it really isn’t that hard to systematically do it. Check your bike out. Start from one place (most of us use the valve as a landmark) and pluck each spoke. I’ll bet you will find a vast difference in the tone that the spokes make, and maybe even a few that “thunk” or “thud”. These are way too loose.

If you want to learn how to build a wheel etc, go buy “The Wheel” by Jobst Brandt. But considering how small the Strida wheels are, and that it uses disk brakes, I’m pretty sure that you can do a pretty reasonable job by simply buying a spoke wrench and giving each spoke a 1/2 turn to tighten things up. Good luck. I think most of you with viral spoke breakage will see it suddenly dramatically stop (or at least slow)

well said sir !