Schlumpf goes EU!

I know that I should have reported the following a long while ago, actually I was too lazy (and still not fully satisfied) to write about the things which happened some time after I wrote the post above. :blush:

It was around the middle of January, when I surprisingly received a telephone call; it was Ms. Saskia Feiden, the Head of Marketing and Communication at the Haberstock company!
Ms. Feiden was obviously sorry and apologized for the failures of Mr. Haberstock, she meant that these were problems at the beginning of a new branch of business for her company.
Furthermore, Ms. Feiden told me that she, as a trained communication scientist, was highly interested in forums.
Of course Ms. Feiden read the above post about her company. One of her most main targets is to avoid such occurrences in advance.
From the following discussion by several mails I concluded that Ms. Feiden is a very intelligent, extremely motivated and highly interested young lady. However, she could not help in the question of price designing, which is definitely not her area of responsibility.
(Some English typing errors were corrected immediately; French or Spanish inquiries will be no problem in the future.)
The unexpectedly high prices are caused by the fact that the Schlumpf parts are still produced in Switzerland, only the assembling has moved to Germany. It is planned to move the production to Germany, too, but at a very high quality level. Therefore a significant price reduction in the near future is unrealistic. (A constantly high level of quality should also meet the expectations of ambitious customers.)
I am sorry to say that the announced quotation of the Strida bike at Haberstock’s FAQs and inquiry site has not been realized, the (German) pricelist link does not work until now.
By now my opinion about the Haberstock company is indeed split; on the one hand we have outstanding communication possibilities, on the other hand there is questionable pricing and no explicit Strida support …