More comfy saddle

I`ve mounted the Brooks B67 and the diameter of the spring is 4,95mm and the length around 65mm. I found it neccessary though to increase the length to 75mm…

Why did you increase the length of the spring? Was the spring travel too short on big bumps?

Does the spring deform just that easily?

Very nice study Bietrume, and about horizontality when the saddle is mounted?
Both the original saddle and my Selle Royal have the front highter than the back and this creates a great pression in the worst part of our anatomy!

I increased the length of the springs because I found the Brooks-saddle not exactly horizontal!
…and the spring itself was NOT expanded, but I used a rubber silentblock to lengthen it.

From what I read on the forums, on conventional bikes, Brooks saddles need to be adjusted to point slightly upwards to avoid sliding, while with a Gyes saddle this is not the case.

So if a Brooks already points upwards on a Strida, it would even be worse with a Gyes apparently :confused:

Thanks Jester and Bietrume.

I already have the new saddle (Brooks B67 - honey) fitted 1 week ago and my first impressions are positive. Just did about 50 kms and the broke-in process is only just beginning but everything indicates that the choice of this saddle was correct.

Jester have you any photos showing this:
“I increased the length of the springs because I found the Brooks-saddle not exactly horizontal!
…and the spring itself was NOT expanded, but I used a rubber silentblock to lengthen it”

Thanks a lot

here we go:

Thanks Jester, a picture=1000 words :slight_smile:

Question, has anyone tried and successfully used the Brook C17 saddle on an EVO? Looks like a winner to me if it fit

brooksengland.com/catalogue- … mbium+C17/

Hope you saw this post, too:

Brooks Cambium C17/C17s on a Strida?

AH search is my friend. I would try it if it wasnt so expensive, maybe a bike shop will try and fit one for me.

This topic is old, but maybe someone will use this info.
I’ve just installed “Brooks Cambium C19 Carved All Weather” on my Evo 18. if this saddle would be 1 mm lower (mounting point to front rack) it would not be possible to install it. There is a little less “room” to adjust than on “stock” saddle (saddle moves to front and rear but in a very small range), but there was no issues during installation (I did not see C17, but on the pictures it looks “lower” than C19, so I think that it will be difficult to install it on strida).
Be aware that the front of the saddle is directed upwards (similar to stock or Gyes 08), which makes this saddle “feels” differently than on “regular” bike.
Another thing is that because of strida construction (“shape”), there is less space underneath the saddle and this saddle must have room to bend. This is because plastic mounting on strida is higher than on regular bike (I mean extra plastic over the fastening screw). Maybe someone who weight more than me will suffer. I have only a few millimeters air to plastic when I ride on it.

I made on it just about ~50km in total (each time ~45 minutes non stop in the saddle, 5 days a week), so I can not tell much about it, but my first impressions are rather positive… boy, this saddle is really hard but I have no issues with my sitbones (I am skinny, weight 65 kg).

Before this I try “stock” saddle, “strida sprung saddle” (which is Gyes 08) and Selle Royal Optica Moderate. All of them was “not for me” (my sitbones or other parts of my body hurts differently on each of them) but there was no issues with installation on strida as well

Here are some photos

Just my 2 cents about the issue with saddle that don’t fit on strida due to proximity of the plastic molding.

There is this solution :
https://rinsten.com

I bought one few months ago but I am just testing it now as weather is now a bit better in this part of Europe.
It works fine for me. I have found that it increases the range of adjustment and at the same time provide some extra cautionning.

I just got a hold of this and installed it to my Strida this morning. There are several positions that you can set based on your liking. I am still in the process of fine tuning the set up as my initial test ride is a bit to “springy” for me. One thing I note is that you need not level your saddle to the ground. Because when you sit on your saddle, it will compress so you have to compensate for that when setting the spring/device.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JR5CP1MEj8ZjKWwk8

Hello

Is this the Rinsten Spring?

Yes Gregory, the links above are correct.

Ok.
I am asking because I have bought a Rinsten too (on April) , but it was with another scaling at the top - 0-9 instead of 0-11.

That is indeed odd.
I have two of these springs here in Vienna, both also with the scale 0 - 9.
Just they are older than yours and Victarion’s.

It’s because it is not the Rinsten model, but a cheaper chinese knock-off by “Now Bike”
(or various sub-brand). Just look for “bike saddle spring” on amazon to find it.
I ordered this one to try it out on my LT.