Strida hidden power electric Kit

I was going to leave the thumb throttle and controller attached, was thinking thumb so I keep the awesome factory grips…

I go on a airplane almost once a month and my Strida comes with me…Lipo batteries are now considered hazardous goods…you cannot even ship them by ground anymore without the right authorization…Looks like Big Oil is fighting back with rules and regs…scared of the e-bike movement…I plan on keeping a battery pack in Florida and one in Canada…

After talking with Kepler, and Adrian, eboo.st…I looked over more than 20 patents on the designs…decided that a simple design cannot be patented properly…anyway, I moved forward and built one to try…Adrian’s site, eboo.st.com describes exactly what you need to build one…a single lever is all you need…I tried both…

The friction drive is powerful, very noisy and completely useless in the wet…so I am going to scrap this Idea as It rains often in Ontario Canada and especially in B.C…

I have decided to totally modify the Strida now…20inch wheels, chain drive with 5 gears and a Bafang mid drive…I would love to keep the belt but it will not be practical with a mid drive…The 20 inch wheels will not add much more weight…

I will keep you posted of my progress…