New bikes... and a question

I just got a couple of Strida.
One is a virtually unused LT
And a very well used mk.1
What tyre pressure do you all use?

1 Like

You buy Strida in bulk… :open_mouth::nerd_face:
If I remember correctly; there must be a stamping on the plastic wheels, I believe it was “Max. 85 PSI”.
This should be the limit and not the max. pressure of the tyre.
I prefer to inflate tyres close to their maximum limit btw :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I recall that the stock tires for the LT are roughly 40 mm wide. I usually shoot for 55-60 PSI in the rear and 50 PSI in the front. After about two weeks, the pressure has dropped enough that I need to top off again.

2 Likes

Hi, would You mind giving the Wheel dimensions and Your pressure Unit?
I ride my 16" with 47-305 tyres and i love to ride them at 5 to 5,5 bar, that is 72 to 80 PSI.
The nice thing about the 16" is, that tyre pressure is not that critical so what feels good is good.

regards: Klaus

1 Like

Thanks guys.
I got both the LT and mk.1 from the same seller on Facebook marketplace.
My first Strida is a copy and on the tyres it said pressure not over 2.5 bars so I’ve been limiting to 40 psi, but others say that they like 60 psi so I’m trying that.
Most Brompton users go to 100 psi and I use 90😊

1 Like

Got this retro version of Strida mk2 or mk 3 ? Not sure about it but I’m loving the vibe! The twitchiness of the handling makes it really fun ! I’m coming from a mountainbiking background . It’s my daily commuter to work and coffee shop going . Many unknown parts to explore about this bike ~

2 Likes

Hi Frankie,

welcome at Stridaforum :smiley:

Hard to tell from your image:

• Does your bike have a 100% horizontal stem?
    Then it is a MK2.
  • Or does the stem point upwards (for maybe ~ 15°)?
    In that case it is a MK3.

Cheers,
Chris

1 Like

Thanks for the info !! I guess it’s a Mk3 then . With 15deg rise stem … Now im trying to figure out how to stop the creaking noise from the BB cover . Ive read about the joint at the rear axle . Already lubricate that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you find this already?
issuu.com / strida3-owners-manual

1 Like

Thanks a lot !! It’s what I’ve been missing .

1 Like

Definitely a mk.3. The mk.2 handlebars are like the mk.1 and don’t fold. Mk.2a fold but not the same as these.
Mk.2 latching of bottom tube uses a trigger like the mk.1
Nice colour scheme. Mk.3 came as silver only.
Mk.3 has alloy head not plastic like mk.1 and 2.
Good information here

2 Likes

Oh i see . I’ve been searching online for this colour scheme MK3 but not avail . Bought this because of the colour . Remind me of old fire hydrant.

1 Like

Read about it . Found useful tips on maintenence and tips . Has been minimised the plastic creaking sound . Fun to tackle these problem.

1 Like